So, you’ve taken the jump and gotten porcelain veneers. Congratulations! Now that you have that dazzling Hollywood smile, it’s time to keep them in pristine condition. After all, knowing how to care for them is essential to ensure they last for years is critical. It also helps when you have the best veneers in the dental community. Thankfully, we offer the best porcelain veneers in San Francisco, 94111, to get you started!
At Yerba Buena Dentistry, Dr. Jiahua Zhu, Dr. Semi Lim, Dr. Varghah Lotfi, and Dr. Amrit K. Sethi are here to give you the lowdown on the do’s and don’ts of caring for your porcelain veneers. So bust out your notepad, grab a bucket of popcorn, and brace yourself for these unique tips and tricks!
Hold up: What are Porcelain Veneers?
Porcelain veneers are a popular cosmetic dental treatment option that can address various dental concerns, from discolored or stained teeth, to misshapen or uneven teeth. Porcelain veneers are thin, custom-made shells we design to cover the front surface of your teeth. They are built of dental porcelain that matches your teeth’ natural color and shape, providing a seamless and natural-looking result.
We can use them to close gaps between teeth or improve the cosmetic appearance of teeth chipped, cracked, or worn down. At Yerba Buena Dentistry in San Francisco, California, our expert dentists can help determine if porcelain veneers are the right treatment option for you and provide you with a beautiful, confident smile, you’ll love.
Do’s for Porcelain Veneer Care:
- Brush and floss daily: Just like your natural teeth, your porcelain veneers need regular brushing and flossing to keep them clean and free from plaque and tartar buildup. Use a soft-bristled toothbrush and non-abrasive toothpaste to gently brush your teeth twice a day, and don’t forget to floss!
- Schedule regular dental check-ups: Regular dental check-ups are crucial for maintaining the health and longevity of your porcelain veneers. We can check for any signs of damage or wear and tear and provide professional cleaning and polishing to keep your smile looking its best.
- Wear a mouthguard: If you play sports or participate in other rigorous activities, wearing a mouthguard can help protect your porcelain veneers from damage and ensure they stay in great shape. It doesn’t matter how strong your veneers are if you knock out your teeth left and right.
Don’ts for Porcelain Veneer Care:
- Don’t use abrasive toothpaste or tools: Abrasive toothpaste, like baking soda or charcoal toothpaste, and abrasive dental tools, like electric toothbrushes or teeth whitening kits, can damage your porcelain veneers and cause them to chip or crack. Stick to gentle, non-abrasive toothpaste and tools to keep your veneers looking their best.
- Don’t use your teeth as tools: Using them to open bottles or tear packages can put unnecessary pressure on your porcelain veneers and cause them to crack or chip. Use scissors or other tools instead to avoid damaging your smile.
- Don’t skip your dental check-ups: Regular dental check-ups are essential for the health and longevity of your porcelain veneers. Ignoring appointments can lead to plaque buildup, tooth decay, and other dental issues that can compromise the strength and appearance of your veneers.
Porcelain Veneers in San Francisco, 94111
So, there you have it – the dos and don’ts of caring for your porcelain veneers. With these tips, you can maintain a beautiful, healthy smile lasting for years. And if you have any questions or concerns about your veneers, don’t hesitate to contact our experts at Yerba Buena Dentistry in San Francisco. We’re always happy to help!
So, are you ready to supercharge your smile with the power of dental veneers? Schedule an appointment today to get started.